Group Mentoring Live Video Sessions
As part of the Scrum Alliance, Certified Team Coach review team I noticed that many people around the world were looking for mentors. I also noticed that there were many more requests for mentoring than the current CTC and CEC community can handle. So, I decided to pilot a program to help fill the gap. Group Mentoring in live video sessions at convenient times so people all over the world can learn together from one mentor and from one another.
Mentoring rounds are led by me, Cherie Silas, Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) and ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC). Mentoring is focused on coaching agile teams from the perspective level of someone who is a scrum master or team coach and is working towards the Scrum Alliance, Certified Team Coach designation. It includes professional coaching skills, which is a requirement for the CTC.
I would love to be a part of your growth and maturity! If you are interested in more information about mentoring, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready for mentoring now, register for one of our upcoming rounds.
CTC Focused Group Mentoring Saturdays 10: 30am (Central US) – January 12 – March, 2019
This mentoring group does not count towards certification hours for ICF. Topics for coaching will be focused on challenges in the agile workplace or in performing scrum roles. All participants will play the coach role, client role, and give feedback to other coaches as a part of the learning process.
Small Group Coaching and Mentoring by CEC & PCC, Cherie Silas.
The focus for this group is to mentor individuals looking to further their agile coaching career towards CTC or CEC certifications.
- Group will meet weekly for 2 hours
- Weekly agenda will be determined in part by group and in part by Mentor Coach
- All group members are expected to set goals and work towards them
- All grouo members are expected to hold themselves and others accountable to making progress in their personal learning and growth
- Professional Coaching skills will be introduced, encouraged, and practiced in the group
- Agile Coaching topics and approaches to client challenges will be discussed for group learning
The group sessions will start January 5th. Saturday mornings 10:30am-12:30pm (2 hours CST USA)
Group is limited to 12 people.
Seats are first come first accommodated. Waitlist can be used to reserve a spot. However, paid reservations will have first opportunity if seats are filled.
Group will meet for 12 weeks. Jan – March 2019.
Path to CTC Certification Course: A-CSM Fridays 12 noon – 2pm (Central USA) February 15 – April 26
THIS IS A 10 WEEK COURSE. No class March 29th
Your instructor for this class is Cherie Silas, CEC who is also an ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and coaching instructor.
The Advanced Scrum Master Class / Certification is part of the new Path to CSP program. This course will be a series of 10 weekly 2 hour live instructor led video classes where students will have interactive discussions, group activities, and the opportunity to practice what they are learning weekly in their work environments.
Part 1 of this course will educate Scrum Masters on using professional coaching skills to elevate the effectiveness of the work you do with teams and organizations.
Part 2 will introduce advanced strategies on facilitating team growth and teach students multiple coaching techniques that can be applied in each stage of team growth.
Part 3 will cover advanced practices for strengthening the role of the Product Owner such as methods for creating product vision, strategy, roadmap, backlog management and prioritization techniques. it will also cover scaling methods, cadenced planning and organizational change management.
Anyone is welcome to take this course, however pre-requisites to receive your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) are:
- Have a current Certified ScrumMaster™ Certification (CSM™)
- Complete the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM) Course
- Have at least 12 months of experience in the role of Scrum Master within the last 5 years
- Your work experience must be reflected on your Scrum Alliance Profile
While this class may be taken by anyone, the A-CSM™ will not be issued until all four of the above listed criteria are met.
Part 1 Advancing with Coaching Skills
- Success and Failure Scrum Master Personas
- Introduction to Professional Coaching
- Active Listening
- Levels of Listening
- Coaching Skills for the SM Toolbelt
Part 2 Helping Teams Improve
- Identifying and correcting anti-patterns
- Toxic Communication and Antedote Strategies
- Team Maturity Models
- Coaching activities for each level of team maturity
- Root Cause Analysis Techniques
Part 3 Facilitating Product Owner Capabilities
- Product Ownership Overview
- Product Vision, Strategy, Roadmap and Prioritization methods
- Scaling Scrum
- Scaling Frameworks
- Scaling Practices
- Technical Practices to enable scaling
- Cadenced Planning, Backlog Management, Dependency Management
- Change Management